Le Weekend

Friday, July 18, 2014



Happy Friday Everyone! We made it! I'm off to a friend's son's birthday party in good old Ottawa this weekend where I've been told to "not have high expectations for drinking as it's a kid's birthday party." Why does this make me seem like a crazy person who's not to be trusted around children? Just because I treat cats like people doesn't mean I don't know not to bring fireworks to a kid's party (note to self: don't bring fireworks). So while I'm at a party full of tiny people who don't drink, why don't you browse a few links:
  1. If you live in the Montreal area, you should go check out Finnegan's Market and report back to me. There is nothing I love more than a good outdoor antique/flea market and this one is right in my backyard. 
  2. I just finished this delightful summer read and I think this one is next on my list. 
  3. After seeing Natalie Joos' photos of Dubrovnik I've added it to my list of places to visit as soon as I have a vacation (sigh). If you haven't read her 'Muse' profiles be sure to take a look while you're there.
  4. Another beautiful blog to drool over, Captain and Gypsy Kid, documents a family living the hippie life in Sydney, Australia.  
  5. SF Girl by Bay featured this amazing new site - the Archivast-  that partners with interesting people to curate limited edition prints of photos from the world's leading archives. 
  6. Great tips from an Antiques Roadshow appraiser for shopping for antiques- use them at Finnegan's Market- or whatever your local haunt is.
  7. Mandi from Making Nice in the Midwest has been killing it with her DIY projects for A Beautiful Mess. She rounds them up here
  8. These vase portraits by Maya Gohill are just stunning. Her satirical portraits are also pretty great. 
  9. When I still had cable I use to get sucked into The Steven and Chris Show all the time. I just found out they recap all their decor segments on their website. Here a great bit on elevating your space with texture


No Response to "Le Weekend"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger