Le Weekend

Friday, August 29, 2014



Hey everyone! It's Friday-yeah! It's also the last Friday of the summer-boooooo! While I'm out enjoying the last few moments of the season (and possibly taking some pictures of our updated exterior- I did say it wouldn't happen before the very end of summer and I'm right on time). Here are a few things from around the internet that I've enjoyed this week:
  1. New to me blog Year of Serendipity chronicles interior designer and house flipper Karen as she wields her own power tools and renovates homes. She's just started on a new one and I can't wait to see what she does. 
  2. Isn't getting ready to go out always the best part? An old standby Into the Gloss, just started a new series called 'After Dark' where they focus "on the going out routines of some of the coolest girls we know, along with whatever makeup and hair they're feeling that night." 
  3. Trick and Tips- Abigail Ahern shares 6 Design Tricks Designers Want to Keep to Themselves- that you can now steal and use.
  4. I love following Stephanie Sabbe on Instagram as she shares sneak peeks of the works she's doing- I mean check out that blue bathroom!
  5. If you haven't been following along with Mandi on her kitchen renovation-you must! Her post on Planning A Budget Kitchen Renovation is one to bookmark.  
  6. Fellow Montrealer, Lake Jane, shares a funny and honest post about being a creative freelancer.
  7. Bijou & Boheme brought these amazing photos to my attention. Jane Long is an Australian photographer who took WWI photos and gave them a little magic in Photoshop.
  8. Another blog I just found this week is The Private Life of a Girl. Sophie is a jewelry maker in the UK who shares all kinds of interesting tidbits like '18 Books for Creatives' which I've already added to my reading list. 
  9. Last but not least, our kitchen was featured on The Kitchn.

Thanks for stopping by and see you in September!



3 Response to Le Weekend

August 29, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Oooo thanks for introducing me to Year of Serendipity! Have a great weekend :)

August 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Thanks Colleen- I really enjoyed the links you posted today as well-I'm off to read more of the Four Pins Life Archives!

August 31, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Oh my goodness, Sarah, thanks so much for the kind words!! I hope you enjoy following along with the reno :)

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger